cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bad roaming location

franhunts
Joining in

hi. I have exactly the same issue. Was this resolved?

Many thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you!

French Antilles is in the roaming hub. The islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe.

Thanks paulchambers061.  

I did eventually find that information, sorry.  

Regards

Lee_R  

Hi @franhunts,

I am going to send you a private message as I wish to take a look at your account. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note.  Whilst the EU and Islands referred to in this thread do currently qualify for ‘Roam like home'.  Your location/destination may be close to countries or islands of countries that are not covered by ‘Roam like home.’ Please do ensure that you’re aware of what network you’re connected to, as you could incur charges.  The good news is you would always receive a text message from the network that your phone connects to, informing you of any potential charges. In this event, it's likely that your phone has connected to a network of a neighbouring country or island that's not covered.
Regards

Lee

Ok. Thanks. This maybe what is happening however my text says 'welcome to the USA.

Also , I am getting roaming charges for calls and text but not data?

Thanks for getting back to us @franhunts.

I can only surmise that your phone/SIM is linking to some form of USA network.  In regards to the data.  Have you been using mobile data whilst roaming?

Regards

Lee_R