cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

MJones17
Joining in

Hi,

I need help please. I noticed a few weeks ago that receiving text messages was extremely delayed and intermittent. I can make and receive calls fine and I can send text messages fine but there seems to be a problem with receiving text messages. For example - if I send myself 10 test messages, nothing comes through, then 3 days later at a random time like 4am a load of them will come through, but not all of them. 

I contacted Virgin Mobile and upgraded my handset from an Xperia XA1 to a Galaxy A51 - the problem continued.

I contacted Virgin Mobile to report the fault and they sent me a new sim card - the problem continued. 

So I now have a new handset and a new sim card , I can make and receive calls and all my texts are sent and delivered immediately. But receiving texts takes days and sometimes they just don't come through at all. 

This is an absolute nightmare, especially with trying to set up all my apps and online banking etc as every company needs to send you a text as part of the verification process these days. 

During my latest call to Virgin Mobile they've checked and said there is no issue with coverage in my area and I need to monitor the issue for 7 days, there's nothing at all they can do for at least 7 days due to their internal protocols and their IT team won't accept any tickets unless I've officially monitored the situation for at least 7 days. I find this to be completely unacceptable and I now have a complaint raised as it's been ongoing for weeks.

This has been ongoing for ages and I need to have it resolved. It seems to affect all text messages types (from friends, businesses etc) and it happens constantly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23

Antz377
Tuning in

Hi. I'm  getting same problem not receiving text only one here and there. But sending text ok virgin have sent new sim was still the same. I've put new sim in to old note 8 and I received the text I sent.but not getting text from friends they are on 02 of that anything to do with it.

And also the voicemail text very delayed to tell me I have a voicemail.

I've  got WiFi calling off as well

Was on the phone for ages with virgin as well 

It's all very stressful I must say

Hi @Antz337,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry you are having problems not receiving text messages. 

Are you getting this issue everywhere or in a certain area?

To clarify,  have you been able to put the Sim in another handset to see if you receive the texts?

Can you try resetting the network settings on the phone to see if that helps?

If you haven't already, it may be worth following the troubleshooting steps here

Let me know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply.

I can confirm I done all of the above. With a member of staff over the phone.

Now I have put the sim in my old note 8 seems to be receiving OK.from a few different people and different areas so that's sorted.

I've got phone insurance so might have to go down that line and get the s20 ultra looked at because I don't really want to carry 2 phones around because that was the whole idea of getting the twin sim phone.one work number one personal number.

Everything else works as it is just the receiving was playing up.

But because I do everything on the phone I didnt really want to send it in for repair just for them to say it can't be fixed.

Thanks for your help 

Regards Ant

Thanks for the update Ant

I am pleased to hear it seems okay with a different handset. 

Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any other issues!

Enjoy the weekend 😄

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs