cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 AC Adapter

smcc239
Joining in

Hi All, 

Virgin Media delivered my new Hub 4 self start pack with the wrong ac adapter. 

Does anyone know what the Hub 4 Power Supply adapter type is called? It looks to be a male pin similar to the Tivo power supply but a slightly bigger pin. 

I’ve tried local stores but the power supply is different from the old Hub 3. Unfortunately I’ve no internet now since New Years Eve since the new Hub has been activated. 

Any support is greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

I will take a picture of that as well later for you Indafunkyhouse had to unplug hub to take that one earlier. I never even noticed it was different though I never looked at the connector.

So do you actually have the same AC power supply same one in that picture?

Ps....sorry I meant to reply to CowlingSimon regarding the wrong ac adapter just re-read your problem, is a bit stupid they sent out the wrong cable but the right adapter.

The main bit seems fine it’s the part to put in the hub itself. No idea how they can mess that up but this is virgin media after all!

That's why I asked mate if it's the same ac adapter in the picture I posted? if it's not then they might have just sent the hub3 adapter and cable out wrongly another quality control issue on VM's side.

The next question you need to ask virgin is, will my contract now start on the date the actual hub is activated and not the date it 1st arrived.

What I should point out as well here is that if you were sent the correct ac adapter you would have the correct end for it as well. This is because the end is actually apart of the adapter it doesn't detach it's completely attached to the ac adapter, the other end that plugs in is a normal plug which connects to the ac adapter using a 2 pin UK power cord, like you would plug into a cassette deck, DVD recorder 

hub3 connectorhub3 connectorhub4 connectorhub4 connector

2 pin uk power cord2 pin uk power cord

Thanks for the picture so I know which one I should have. I’ve been sent the hub 3 power supply. It’s not like they could have made a mistake as they look very similar as the hub 4 one is very different! I think they have monkeys putting the packs together and hope one day they will magically get them all correct. 

it’s shocking we have to wait for a tech to come out to simply drop off a new cable as this is a waste of their time