cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App via Virgin TV Go

mhk
Tuning in

We have the Full House package (including Sky Sports and Cinema). Is an extra subscription required to watch live Sky Sports events on the go? If not, how do I access them? Via the Sky Go or Virgin apps? Help!

332 REPLIES 332

FootyFanatic
Dialled in

I contacted Virgin regarding some compensation as I had no app for over a month. They responded by saying the App is just a added bonus and if the core services work then they have no reason to provide compensation. 

Hi footy. 

I have had this problem for well over a week. Can you tell me what the second line is.

I would be grateful if one of the VM people could advise me.

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark, sorry to be a party pooper, but I’ve had this problem for months have done online chats, emails, spoken at length to technical services, posted on this forum and pleaded for help from whoever monitors it. All to no avail. Don’t know what to do next apart from changing service provider? Let me know if you have any joy sorting out your problem.Good luck.

Thanks illandiml

Sounds like I give up on this 'service' or change provider altogether. The latter is beginning to look like the way forward.

You need to raise a ticket with ITS and actually get someone here to follow it through until it’s fixed.

Once a ticket is raised ITS are keen to close it saying it’s fixed when it isn’t. When someone here has the reference number they will keep escalating each time ITS say it’s fixed when it isn’t. And it will finally get fixed once someone gets the ticket who’s competent. It’s long winded but that’s all you can do. 

Thanks Footy 

To be honest I have been trying to avoid 'the phone call' but it seems I have no choice.

Mine is still not fixed. We have now had 2 IT tickets opened and neither one has managed to fix it. I don't know where to go from here. When I signed up, this was a critical part of the deal for me and it has never worked. I know Oomph is on a contract but I would like to cancel it and go back to Sky as no one actually listens when you have issues here. Sky were really quick if there was ever a problem. We first logged this issue the day the TV got installed which was weeks ago and no one can fix it. All they do is escalate, eventually it gets to IT and then a ticket gets opened which they say will mean it's fixed in 5-7 days except 5-7 days it is not fixed.

Not sure where to go from here because like others I think the conclusion is that for some people, Sky Sports will never work on mobile and if that's the case, then Virgin is not for me and I might as well go back to Sky. 

Not sure if the Virgin people have any suggestions. One thing for sure, I am going to refuse to pay out of my contract as they have been unable to deliver the services they promised they would!

ok i am speaking to someone in the cancellation team and I will let you know if I get any joy!

How did you get on?

What’s the hold up David? Been months for many users.