cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set recording from virgin go app

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Tried to set recording on my virgin box when away but says virgin box is offline but it is not as can view a programme when using my sling box app so any ideas what us going on

37 REPLIES 37

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fantazein,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having some issues setting up recordings from the app. Is the box powered on and the broadband network it's connected to also working?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Yes it is

Hi @Fantazein,

Would you mind taking a sharing a screenshot of the error message when it appears again for you? That way we can see exactly what's happening and what's being advised on the app.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Hi screenshot attached

ABF96F12-FAE0-415D-838E-A2796881E133.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm presuming that you have a 360box.

Is it set to Fast Start or Active Start? Being powered and connected to your home broadband may not be sufficient if the power-saving options aren't set "correctly"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Yes 360 box how do I check this I just tried when at hone to record via app while tv on but says offline weird

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try connecting to the box in the app then disconnecting to see if it makes a difference.

6CD92034-6D44-46F8-9EC1-C8FE32013799.jpeg

3C33071F-A391-49F5-9762-960EE998624D.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Fantazein
On our wavelength

Did try to connect nothing happens dud not seem ti want to connect

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Navigate to settings then diagnostics and screenshot what you get.

E1C84CA0-CD1E-47ED-82EA-53D8C4D84EED.jpeg

A68C998E-0131-480B-A6D0-BAEE6B07C0F8.png