cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower broadband speeds. Engineer booked, didn’t turn up

cableman4347
On our wavelength

I “upgraded” my package to 1Gb speeds in April at the end of my original 18 month package. Was very happy with speeds of around 700 Mbps up til then. 
since the “upgrade” (and now paying £108 pm) my speeds have actually been slower. 

I run my own business in the tech world, installing and fault finding all manner of technical problems which include aerial, satellite, telephone, broadband and wifi to name a few. I have been in this trade for twenty years. I have carried out all fault finding in the property.

I have always checked my speeds (being a techy) on both wireless and wired. As I say, been very happy with the speeds up until the “upgrade”

However, since the upgrade, my speeds have been around 470mbps download. Fast, but not anywhere near what I was getting before, let alone 1Gb.

I have regular screenshots/pictures of all tests, and they are definitely slower. 
Contacted Vm, got an appointment for Wed 17th August between 4pm and 7pm. 
Nobody turned up. 
I spent hours last evening trying to raise someone on Chat ( not connected between 7.15pm and 10pm when they close). Countless conversations with Virgin Media and Virgin Media Ireland online on Twitter, all of whom assured me they would be able to help. On the telephone for twenty minutes and just got cut off.

Texted a number given to me by VM Twitter which, I was again assured, would yield me help. An automated message came back saying that the number was not man by a human.

Today another VM Twitterer contacted me to assure me that he/she would be able to help. After yet another series of message exchanges, he/she then said that they had no access to my account and direct message me to these forums. 
So it seems that VM are unwilling, unable or both, to help resolve this issue. 
So here I am, wondering if there is, in fact, any way of getting Virgin Media to do anything.

27 REPLIES 27

iveivan
On our wavelength

If engineer didnt turn up they have to pay you 26 Pounds for missed appointments.

Make a complaint about that to Virgin.

I think is paid as a bill credit.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

Are you kidding me? Did you read the hurdles I have jumped so far to get nowhere? I am only on here because the latest clown at Virgin Twitter assured me I would get an answer from the team! ( just like all the other assurances I had already that have amounted to zilch)

Yes I read and myself and many others  have the same exact thing happen to us.

I am also on a 1gig plan getting 20 megs and they dont care.

Jesus then there really is no hope

I got a PM from someone here trying to help me from the Virgin team but so far been hours and no reply.

Booked and engineer also but guess it wont turn up.

My 1 gig net:

vm.png

If you have 400 you very lucky

Just wondering where the help is that I am supposed to find on here 🤔🤔

Generally you're going to be waiting a few days or more on here.
Bumping the thread puts it down in the list.

You mention "Virgin Media Ireland" - which if i remember correctly, VM don't deal with Ireland based connections on this forum.
Nor do they have access ROI accounts. - unless something has changed recently.

Also:
Can't see you mentioning your hub logs in any previous post here (Upstream, Downstream, Network log) etc.
Screenshots/talking of speedtests isn't enough to go on.

Also you might want to uncheck that "Helpful answer" on the other poster, as VM usually see that as "Hey, the problem is dealt with."

Post your power levels and network log so someone can look at what might be wrong.

Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This is what they always ask before someone helps you.

By the way I have been waiting 4 weeks with no solution and I posted everything they asked for.

I wish you good luck.

I just cannot be bothered. Will be quitting Virgin at the earliest instance. What an absolute joke of a company.