cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

CarolineC21
Joining in

Hello, and thank you to Simon for replacing the Virgin hub, but unfortunately it still doesn’t seem to have fixed the problem with intermittent signal.

I am really at my wits end with my Virgin broadband - from the regular speedchecker report, the download speed varies from around 100Mbps to barely 0Mbps.

The engineers have checked the incoming cabling, we have rebooted the router/hub many times, I have checked the service on my laptop (using both Wi-Fi and Ethernet), iPad, phone and TV, and all lose connection. I have sat in different rooms in the house and right next to the hub, and the problem persists.

I am trying to work from home, but colleagues can’t see or hear me on Teams calls and the connection to my VPN keeps cutting out as it needs to remain connected for security? Please can you help resolve this urgently, or let me know if Virgin cannot fulfil the contract and I will seek another provider.

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is everything you are doing going through a VPN?

If so, try taking it out of the equation and see what the standard connection performs like. Just as a test - there are many threads on here where VPN's are causing issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.