cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity fraud

Confused86
Joining in

My email address and name have been used to sign up to several services and products provided by virgin media and 02 collab. I called VM today to inform them of this to which they refused to help as I was not the account holder but did confirm the address my details are being used is not mine . They eveb said they had to protect their customer ( the one uding my details) and that it was none of their issues and something i had to deal eith myself!. Had to go through the police now to get this investigated but I'm keen to speak to someone regarding this ASAP as the action fraud team seem to think that VM have breached several legislations on this occasion and will need taking thurther with a legal team.

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Confused86, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue data breach issue looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration and anxiety. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can can a complaint raised and send this information off the our DPO team who will then investigate alongside our CEO team. 

I'll send you a PM now so that I can get this started. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Confused86,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I am sorry that this incident has happened and that you've had little to no help from the other teams. 

I have now got the ball rolling in terms of sending all of this information off to the DPO and CEO teams, they will take ownership of this from now on and will aim to contact you in the next 28 days - But hopefully a lot sooner! 

Please wait for their call and they will help further, it's now out of our hands as the CEO team have jurisdiction once it goes to their inbox, so we will not be able to interfere with their investigation.

I wish you the very best of luck with this case. 

Kind regards, 

Megan_L

No call. No email. No communication. I've had nothing from virgin media atall. What on earth is going on? Considering I am a victim here and the fact noones even bothered to pick up the phone is phenomenal. If this is how you treat people then I'm surprised. Let's hope you're never a victim of fraud and identity theft

Hi @Confused86,

I do apologise for the ongoing inconvenience and upset this matter is undoubtedly causing, and that you're still awaiting contact.

I can see that my colleague mentioned to you on this thread on Saturday (Dec 31st) that this matter has been raised to the relevant contacts to investigate, and that they'll make further contact to discuss within 28 days. They will make contact in due course as discussed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!