cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compromised email

59julie
Joining in

I’ve had a message from Virgin to my main account to tell me one of my secondary accounts may have been compromised and has been locked; the secondary account is the one I use all the time. To unlock I need to sign in but I can’t as the password appears to be changed so I can’t do a reset password as can’t access the link. What else can I do? Particularly frustrating as I’m away in holiday and need some of the emails.
Reference on the Virgin email is : VMIS159-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F010710539

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media link.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

That doesn’t work as can’t get access to email so can’t use any link sent. Thank you for trying to help 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forgotten password process does not involve an email being sent to the account concerned.  It takes you though secuity questions and if passed presents a page where you set a new password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello 59julie,

Thankyou for your first post on our Community.

Sorry to hear about your email being locked.

Can you please try the below process and let me know how you get on.

Sign in to My Virgin Media. 
Go to Account settings, then Account details. 
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail. 
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password. 
Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked.
Leave it around 15 minute befroe trying to access your emails.
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Gareth_L