cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the status of my account?

LottaM
Tuning in

I have had yet another extremely frustrating conversation with Virgin chat about my contract. I am unclear if my cancellation went through correctly. The agent told me that I can only cancel exactly 30 days from the end of my contract. I posted a link to this forum where it was said you can cancel 60 days in advance. I think the agent has still applied a cancellation charge and my bill has mysteriously gone up by 80p this month. Can you confirm the status of my contract and whether the agent applied the cancellation fee? 

I want to keep my contract until it is completed and then I wish to cancel due to the appalling customer service provided by Virgin. 

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

You are right Lotta. You must give at least 30 days notice and can give up to 60 days notice. VM offshore CS are talking through their hat as usual.

Please do let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

spell
Knows their stuff

They make it up as they go along - previous posts mention VMs 'policy' as up to three months prior to the contract end.

This is in the separate world of VM of course - in the real world and in law you are entitled to give notice to terminate at the completion of contract at any time during the course of the contract provided the at least thirty day condition is met.

It is of course a somewhat desperate ploy to extract at least a months additional payment from you.

Suggest you make a report as per Cardiffman282s post - there's going to be some aching heads at OFCOM and that's without even looking at VMs billing practices.

I think VM's billing complaints stats in Ofcom's Q3 report will make for interesting reading... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Any responsible company would have started sorting out their cancellation procedures just as soon as they learned they were being investigated.

But this is Virginmedia, and they are carrying on regardless. 

Virgin's brand licensing company would do well to consider whether Liberty Global is still fit to be using their name for this business. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey LottaM, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you feel this way.

If you wanted to give your 30 day notice, you would do this really 30 days before the contact ends so for example if it was due to end in Nov 15th I would give my notice on Oct 15. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Eh? You mean by then surely? Otherwise this just repeats the nonsense offshore CS spouted. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

spell
Knows their stuff

An absolutely nonsensical reply and it would be interesting to see any logical reasoning behind it.

If the customer waits until the last possible day either the phone is not answered or the runaround is given forcing him/her into another months billing.

The response is an actual insult to the intelligence of customers the majority of whom will see through this very transparent ploy.

VM do not seem the slightest concerned that they are currently being investigated for these very issues. 

Anyone planning to give notice to leave should do so at the earliest opportunity and make sure it is recorded.

VM law are currently opting at within the last two months (it was previously three) as a policy only.

The real consumer law states it can be given at any time during the course of the contract,

Hi Matt,

This doesn't answer my questions. What is the current status of my account? Why was my bill 80p higher than last month? 

Are you seriously saying that you can only cancel your contract exactly 30 days from your contract end? There are other posts on this forum contradicting this 

@Cardiffman282 wrote:

Eh? You mean by then surely? Otherwise this just repeats the nonsense offshore CS spouted. 

I do think you will find that some responses from the forum team members are rapidly approaching the level of accuracy, if not deliberate lying in an attempt to deny customers their rights and gain VM a few extra pennies (and God knows, they need it), as the woeful offshore customer service provision!

Now whether this is down to ignorance and a lack of training, or a more deliberate case of instructions from their bosses to do so....?