cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved into a new property but current service is still active

johnmyers87
Tuning in

Hi! My new tenancy began on July 7th, however the previous tenant’s Virgin service does not disconnect until the 22nd - mine is set to start on the 23rd. I’ve tried plugging my router in in the mean time but no luck, the Broadband status says Access Denied. Is there anything I can do to use the current service? I work from home so having to hold off on actually moving my stuff just because the previous tenant cancelled late feels rough.

2 REPLIES 2

johnmyers87
Tuning in

@johnmyers87 wrote: MyAccountAccess Login

Hi! My new tenancy began on July 7th, however the previous tenant’s Virgin service does not disconnect until the 22nd - mine is set to start on the 23rd. I’ve tried plugging my router in in the mean time but no luck, the Broadband status says Access Denied. Is there anything I can do to use the current service? I work from home so having to hold off on actually moving my stuff just because the previous tenant cancelled late feels rough.

Anyone Help me?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello johnmyers87,

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with the current service issues at your new property.

Your Hub will not work until the 23rd when the current account is closed.

The Hub  you have is linked to your account by a mac address and will not work on the current account ass that is still registered to a different mac address.

Sorry we cannot be held responsible for the previous Tenants inability to cancel the account.

Any issues tomorrow please give us a shout on here.

Gareth_L