Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the right cable for QuickStart?

MikeA1
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20220804-201934.png

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to switch to Virgin media Broadband and told that I am eligible for QuickStart. There's no obvious VM connection in the house but there is the attached connection, is this the correct cable to let me install via Quickstart? Concerned as it looks a fair few years old and don't want to end up in a situation where I have no broadband as working from home. 

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wow...Eurobell. I haven't seen any mention of them for years. Yes that is a VM cable. VM bought out Eurobell in the late 90s/early 2000s. It's old, but if it works, it works.

That is the standard connector for a coax connection. That would screw into the back of your Hub.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

MikeA1
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20220804-202015.png

This is the cable coming from the above box 

Wow...Eurobell. I haven't seen any mention of them for years. Yes that is a VM cable. VM bought out Eurobell in the late 90s/early 2000s. It's old, but if it works, it works.

That is the standard connector for a coax connection. That would screw into the back of your Hub.

MikeA1
On our wavelength

That's great news, thank you for the reply!

Wasn't a name I'd heard and upon a quick Google wasn't holding out too much hope for a successful connection. I'll give it a go and keep my fingers crossed. 

Thanks again

Hey MikeA1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having some issues connecting your quick start up. 

How did you managed to get on with this, are you all set up now?

If you need any further help please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?