cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues with upload speed and ping drops

wojb
Joining in

Hi,

I’m having intermittent issues with my 500mb connection - pings time out and upload speeds drop to <1mb/disconnect or time out altogether when running a speed test.

download seems to be working fine, as when I’m eg on a video call with work, I can see and hear them with no interruption, but they cannot hear me or my video/voice cuts out.

tried rebooting the router and resetting the settings using the button at the back several times. The virgin site for running a test on the kit says it can’t do this at the moment

I’ve experienced this several times over the last few months - last time, despite the test website saying there was no problem, a fault was identified and fixed days later.

Any idea what might be going on? To me it sounds like a problem in the wider area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wojb.

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details to look into this for you. As discussed in the PM, you're affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). The fault number is F010558472 and the estimated fix date is the 7th April at 4pm.
Please do monitor the connection after this time and report back publicly if still experiencing issues, we'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 this automated service has the best detail of local faults.

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wojb.

Thank you for posting on our community forums. Welcoming you with big virtual arms 😊.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your connection.

So that I can have a look into this for you.

I will be private messaging you.

Please watch out for the purple envelope ✉.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wojb.

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details to look into this for you. As discussed in the PM, you're affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). The fault number is F010558472 and the estimated fix date is the 7th April at 4pm.
Please do monitor the connection after this time and report back publicly if still experiencing issues, we'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wojb.

Thank you for joining me in private chat.

As discussed in the PM, you're affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). The fault number is F010558472 and the estimated fix date is tomorrow at 4pm.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team