cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install problems

ryan_w
Joining in

Starting to regret switching to Virgin Media, what I was expecting to be a straight forward install is becoming anything but! 

1st visit by Comex for the cabling failed because there was no access point and the team had to rebook to do more work, this was rebooked to today (sunday) as were on a busy road. Understandable

2nd visit, we was last job of the teams day and there permit has run out. So they cant do anything! Now needs to be rebooked for next Sunday first thing!

I asked the guys why they cant just send the cabling up in the BT duct which is already at the bottom of my drive and was told there not allowed when Virgin is already in the area!

There only allowed to do so on new build estates apparently! So instead of doing the sensible thing sounds like red tape means more holes in the pavement and delays!

Then the cabling will just be dragged up my neighbours wall afterwards….  This doesnt seem professional at all when theres a route directly to my office where the cabling needs to go and it cant be used!!

Why is this being made so difficult? It seems a complete failure to plan and follow common sense by Virgin!

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Matt,

Its now resolved they was able to cancel my installation for me so I can go to another provider.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

great to hear this is all resolved for you @ryan_w 

Zoie