cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 wifi working, ethernet ports not

JamesBarnaby1
Tuning in

Hi.

About me: I'm an IT pro with 30 years experience, and a degree in Computer Science, so I'm happy for you to be as technical as possible.

About 9 months ago the ethernet ports on our hub 3.0 stopped working but wifi was fine. I went through all the suggested solutions. New cable, multiple devices, loopback, full reset and spoke to customer support.

They thought the modem was faulty so booked an engineer. A few hours later the ports magically started working again. So another call to customer support who informed me that there had been a DHCP server issue, and cancelled the engineer.

Yesterday the same thing happened wifi fine, ethernet ports not functioning. Tried all the steps again, no joy. Thought I'd wait before bothering support.

This morning all OK again.

Questions:

1. Do the ethernet ports route through to a different DHCP server than the wifi circuitry?

2a. If yes to previous, then can these servers be added to the service status, and customer support trained to check them when discussing this specific issue.

2b. If no, then am I looking at a slowly degenerating hub and do I indeed need an engineer. If one comes and the hub is working again what will be the outcome?

Cheers

James (No. 74, M34 3QZ) 

10 REPLIES 10

Hi J,

Thanks for coming back to us. We can certainly look into raising a complaint for you and looking into this further. We'll also be happy to arrange an engineer visit if we find one is required.

I will pop you over a private message now so I can assist from there.

Please look out for my message at the purple envelope.

Cheers

Beth