cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hollow wall socket?

OnceAToaster
Joining in

Hi all,

Just received my self install hub 3 kit and can't seem to find a wall socket to plug the cable into.

I found this which seems to be hollow.

Do I need to book an engineer?

16788877493201302840055560965869.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

OnceAToaster
Joining in

Screenshot_20230315_134448_Gallery.jpg

Unscrew the lid off the big box and provide a photo of what is inside. Looks like the cable is possibly there but not connected.

Screenshot_20230315_143328_Gallery.jpg

 Apologies if these images are of low quality, having issues with the 1mb image limit here

Screenshot_20230315_143304_Gallery.jpg

@OnceAToaster wrote:

The short stub of cable poking through the wall is supposed to plug into the metal 'technetix' box on the 'IN' connector (it will be a screw fit). Your 'Quick Start' connector should be a push fit onto the other side of the of the 'technetix' box.

This number has just fallen out completely, do I just need to plug the connectors into it or is something missing do you know?

Screenshot_20230315_145320_Gallery.jpg

Ah just saw your reply, will give it a go!

@OnceAToaster wrote:

This number has just fallen out completely, do I just need to plug the connectors into it or is something missing do you know?

Have to wait for your pic's to be approved each time before they become visible to the public forum.

You will need to straighten the centre wire of the connector coming through the wall though so it can plug into the metal isolator.

The fact that the parts are all covered in paint and plaster is not going to make it easy.

Managed to get them plugged in, sadly got an orange light though and a text from VM mentioning that due to technical difficulties I have to phone them

Screenshot_20230315_151818_Gallery.jpg