cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection and Slowing down

bbbruce
On our wavelength

Hello

For the past month my connection has either slowed down completely or dropped out. After numerous calls to various call centre operatives it always ends the same.

"A setting is not correct and we just need to make a change, please restart or a complete reset."
This occasionally fixes it, but invariably it comes back and connection drops below 10Mb/s and it all starts again.

How do these settings come to be incorrect, I never changed anything?
If someone is making these changes and they are rubbish can they be removed from service.

I had no problems until February this year, except the occasional slowdown at about midnight.

I can't continue like this as I work from home if it can't be resolved I'm going to have to go elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated especially help that doesn't involve me having to completely reset this sub standard equipment.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Ashleigh_C

Thanks for reaching out.

I have just spoken to them and everything was good so they took the monitoring off and about 15 minutes after finishing the call wham back down to rubbish.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/button/1648227420830534155.png 

My groceries are arriving shortly or I would call again. Although I'm going to be honest here I am losing the will to live.
I might look at alternative options tonight.
Thanks

Bruce

Hi there @bbbruce, thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to see you are still seeing these issues after the monitoring was taken off. I have checked over things on my end and cannot see an obvious reason as to why you would be seeing this still.

This will need some further investigating so I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just to update the public thread I have arranged an engineer to have a look over the connection.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

bbbruce
On our wavelength

Hi all

Just to let you know, thank you @Nathan_B for arranging, there was a faulty splitter in the main box causing certain bands to occasionally drop out.

It's been replaced and I will keep an eye on it for now.

Thank you everyone for your help and guidance.

Bruce