cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As much as it pains me, do I cancel an engineer visit? How's my numbers?

NealSullivan
Superfast

I've got my stuff working, there is a bit of a tasty earth on the coax but everything is working and 554down/40up is enoughly plenty OK,

Down: 32 QAM256 channels, 40db SNR.... 1 to 6 dBmV,   About 60 shaper-errors in total over a day.
Up:      4  QAM64's...    about 37dBmV (! is that 5V?!)   0 timeouts.

@ Stephi, can you just check this looks OK, if it does I'll get the covers back on.. Can you send a 5M SMA cable and a coupler please.?

Cool, 

28 REPLIES 28

Turns out the new equipment is not a replacement, an addition...!
An extra TV6 box and Modem3, for £20 less a month on the package!
Superb, they've gone into the garage, we've only got one TV! between the 3 of us.!

Hi @NealSullivan,

Thank you for the update on the situation and the arrival of your new equipment. If you're unhappy with the package and wish to discuss other offers and options, please reach out to the retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

>> If you're unhappy
How do we know?
We are probably happy, but just need more information. Long phone conversations I have to avoid, so PM's sort it out that's better for me..
Hopefully NAT is on it, she'll sort us out.
Thanks Zach, nice effort cheers.
NEAL

@Ernie_C   >> Botched repair, noise ingress.. etc

LROFLMAO, 

RF and Networking are 2 of my big inspirations so this was fascinating to study with  no-one around
LDOpenCabinetNewRomney (1).jpgLDOpenCabinetNewRomney (2).jpgLDOpenCabinetNewRomney (3).jpg

This is what our feed cab looks like on the inside, I can see from 2 feet away an hour or two ago...   The lock isn't broken, looks like a mis-locking (we've all done it)

The door is/was hanging open, so if there is any rain tomorrow, I bet that's where the noise will be some *noise* introduced somewhere.!

Hopefully on it's way to being sorted, but coincidence indeed..

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NealSullivan, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Could you please pop me over a message with the details for the location of the cabinet and I will get this flagged to our maintenance team to repair/secure. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks  @Nat...

I'd already rang the networks team and spoke to a bloke in Brum on the networks team.  that sorted it out the same day.! (his smoke alarm needed a new battery!)

I was laughing at the comment regarding noise ingress.!!
Gimme a job please Nat, I love you network!!
NEAL 🙂

I believe this is the number I rang (delete if not please)
 0333 000 5925
I got through to someone that sounded like they knew what they were doing, in Birmingham!

Please @everyone flag any open street cabs, our local kids are a s****g nightmare round here..

Just to check that's the right number @Natalie, I've been through a few....

🙂
NEAL

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NealSullivan,

The number you've provided is correct. The 0333 000 5925 is designated solely for any Street Equipment issues and is monitored directly by our Network Team. I'm glad to see that the cabinet issue has been sorted - I completely understand the issue with local "wildlife", they're too curious and mischievous sometimes!

If you're looking for a job in the Network Team, be sure to check out our Careers site - we might be looking! 😉

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Nice one, good answer. Get the number pinned somewhere if you can please..
Nothing VM-jobs wise in Leicester, if you ever start a tech office here, I'll be there 1st in the queue! Especially with ours' (and Virgin Galactic's) links to space engineering, there should be a relay station here.!
Thanks Reece, honoured
NEAL