cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latency/speed problems.

Wtf111111
Joining in
Spoiler
Hi wondered if anyone could help me please. I seem to be getting massive latency issues and speed issues I'm on 350mb. Download and upload is like 500+ and really slow speeds. On both wired and WiFi. Sometimes WiFi is over 350 and can be as low as 10 both wired and WiFi. When my installer fitted it a few months ago he said the signal coming into my house was awful so he went to the cabinet and tweaked it but he said it still wasn't great but it would settle down. I'm not sure if I can test the signal strength somehow. Sorry for the long post but it's driving me mad lol. 
3 REPLIES 3

mpmc
Superfast

What do your router stats say, can you post them here for us? Someone should then be able to give you more advice on what to do next.

You can find them by going to your hub's web interface at http://192.168.0.1 in standard mode (try this first), or http://192.168.100.1 in modem mode, and clicking on "Check router status". There is no need to login.

Please post the info from all tabs - you may have to post them as separate replies here due to the size of the output.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

Thanks very much. last night I had a play about in the router settings. I disabled 2.4ghz and just kept 5ghz on. Also disabled channel optimisation. Now my speeds have gone from 10mb to 390mb download on virgin 350. And my uploads are perfect. Also latency on upload and download has gone from 500+ down to 10. 

Hi Wtf111111, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you were having an issue but things have been resolved since making changes. 

If you start to have an issue again, pop back and let us know and we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs