cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent Broadband and orange light on hub 3.0

acb_327
Joining in

My Hub 3.0 is showing an orange light. The Broadband drops intermittently and VM's status check facility only shows a TV issue !!

Have tried all the switch off/on - reset - etc, with no effect.

It's also really difficult trying to get in touch with VM to log a router problem. So, who can help me, please ???? ... aaarrrgghhh !!

2 REPLIES 2

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

Orange light is just a faulty led light in the modem doesn’t effect service. Best thing to try is log into settings page on bottom of modem and turn off the smart WiFi 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi acb_327

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are getting an intermittent connection, I have managed to locate your account with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, if you are still facing the same issue So we can get a better idea of what is happening please set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365, and it keeps a visual record of any/all your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. Please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you?

Regards

Paul.