cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom problems

NeilB4
Tuning in

Zoom has become increasingly unreliable and poor quality for me using Virgin Media. So much so, that I am now going into the office much more than I need to as I can't rely on Virgin Media.

I frequently get "your broadband is unstable" when using WIFI which is then followed by, or occasionally preceded by, the Zoom call freezing or breaking up.

I presume that I might be able to improve this by investing in a better WIFI system such as Mesh.  The problem is, however, that I even get the freezing and breaking up problem when I am hard wired into the Virgin system using an ethernet cable. I thought that would be a fool proof way of ensuing a quality Zoom call but unfortunately it isn't.

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what I can try next. I am getting desperate and may have to quite Virgin (or retire!) if I can't sort the Zoom issue out.

32 REPLIES 32

adargon
On our wavelength

I spoke to plenty of people. Apparently, they are trying to fix it (read my post) but I am currently not confident it will be fixed soon.

I advise you to find out the cause of your issue first by monitoring as it may not be similar to my issue and could be a device or wifi issue.

both 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 (one is sign on to modem, the other is sign on to router) are giving blank screens. That's odd. any ideas?

adargon
On our wavelength

Are you sure you are connected to your network? I know it sounds ridiculous, but you could have inadvertently connected to another WIFI network. Try on your phone or another device.

I managed to get in using my mobile. Maybe,  Kaspersky was block access from my PC.

Problem now is that I don't see "Check router status ( below the password box ) ". Is there another way to do the check?

I managed to connect using my phone. Maybe Kaspersky was blocking it

adargon
On our wavelength

Can you temporarily disable Kapsersky? Or add 192.168.0.1 to the whitelist. Never used Kaspersky but both of those things are standard features.

Maybe Kaspersky is also affecting your Zoom calls.

interesting thought. Has anyone else had problems with Kaspersky and Zoom?

adargon
On our wavelength

Neil,

We are trying to help you and you don't give us any information back but just ask new questions. This is a VM forum so I doubt anyone knows the answer to your security software question. 
As I mentioned before, I would disable Kaspersky for a period of time and see if it solves your problems.

I have tried with Kaspersky disabled and with incognito mode off and on but still no joy. As I mentioned, I can access the router via my mobile