cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi

Sienna1501
Joining in

The WiFi connection keeps disconnecting in my daughters bedroom? Works ok in the rest of the house? Can u get a booster box?

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing “boosters”). Pods are only free to customers on 1GB, Ultimate Oomph or Volt packages - is that you?

If not… you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

£40-100 should sort it completely across the house for most customers with an average property and usage. We can advise on here what would work best for your situation

Perhaps a simple powerline adapter with wifi might be simplest just for one room upstairs - providing the power circuits are connected through the same CU or fuse box - are yours ?  If so, something like this might work very well - speeds wont max out but should be more than enough for most activities.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-WPA4220KIT-Powerline-Broadband-Configuration-UK/dp/B01LXOZ4EN/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.