cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi box has had a flashing green light all day. Won't connect

bbgreat
Joining in

Tried resetting everything, unplugging everything and plugging it all back in and it didn't seem to solve anything.

Just keeps resorting back to flashing green. My understanding is that this means it's downloading an update but, at the time of writing, it has been about 8 hours. Anyone know the solution to this?

Tried to talk to customer service and they just told me to post on the message board which seems like a bizarre way to help people instead of just customer service but heh. Hopefully can find a solution.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its still happening... the first thing is to check for any “known network faults - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bbgreat, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I have checked the area and there is no outages in the area.

I can see that there was an issue when posting which has since been resolved. 

Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service? ^Chris.