cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak internet

kevinroland
Joining in

Hi

i have the highest broadband package or one of the highest virgin offer, yet over the past year my wifi range has got smaller and smaller with no change to device useable or amount. If a gaming console is running the rest of the internet is dramatically slowed down. I have moved the router away from the console and ensured all other devices when not used are disconnected. I have been told I need a wifi booster. Yet I can sit directly in front of my router and still get no wifi. Is there a way I can arrange a engineer to come and test my kit as I’m paying a large amount of money for something that does not work.

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets try trouble shooting.

What speed package are you on? What Hub model do you have (on its base sticker)?

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.