cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIX Domain/website issue (Fault Ticket - F010146344)

Indelible
Up to speed

I'm getting a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on only some websites.

In fact, as far as I can tell it appears to be only websites using custom domains built on the Wix platform... But it is only happening on devices when connected through the Hub 4. I've tried a factory reset on the Hub to no avail, I've tried deactivating childsafe and virussafe... Nothing. 

Example for reference: www.the-book-binder.co.uk

Other websites are working fine, and ones like the above have no problem if run through a VPN.

Any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Titled changed for clarity and threads merged. Fault reference F010146344 . Updates will be provided on this Sticky ]

402 REPLIES 402

Tried to talk to him. They said they can't transfer to different agents. Already rang up and complained must be 15 times. I guess we just have to wait.

andyrev
On our wavelength

Correct, the websites are working with other IP providers and on mobile networks. However, the issue means that Virgin Wifi home users and clients are unable to access business and charity websites built on Wix while they're on their home WiFi network... we've seen a massive drop-off in website visits and engagement analytics on the site since the error occurred. The average user visiting the business or charity websites won't manually change their settings (and this is just a temporary local workaround) - we need a Virgin wide solution to resolve the DNS error to get custom WIX sites back online.

I've come across a separate thread with multiple users reporting the same issue: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/DNS-PROBE-FINISHED-NXDOMAIN-some-websites/m...

andyrev
On our wavelength

Our site is still down with users and clients on Virgin home WiFi reporting the same DNS NXDOMAIN error.

We can confirm outage across North London (in Camden and Islington) with users attempting to access in the following postcodes: N19, N7, NW5, 

wincyss1
On our wavelength

Hi Andy, do you work Virgin Media? Can you tell us any more when this issue will be fixed?

andyrev
On our wavelength

I don't work for Virgin, no, sorry! The outage I was reporting above is just where I have confirmed users unable to access our custom domain Wix site. I operate a charity website on Wix which is inaccessible currently.

wincyss1
On our wavelength

Just spent the past hour and a half on the phone to WIX. They are aware of the issue. It was due to an update on Virgin Media's servers or something. They are aiming to fix if not hopefully 'soon'. The issue is having to communicate with Virgin to fix it.

I will try to claim compensation from Virgin from the amount of money they have lost me.

andyrev
On our wavelength

Is there any way this thread can be marked as not solved, so that we might be able to draw some attention from a Virgin moderator or Virgin support team member?

wincyss1
On our wavelength

This is not the correct answer. please un-do it so we can get the issue resolved quicker.

Same thing affecting my network (N7 postcode). It can be circumvented by setting a custom DNS address on your devices (I used Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1).

Stepirv
On our wavelength

Hi,

I’ve now run various diagnostics on my MacBook and supplie screenshots of the results to Wix customer support team. Including traceroutes, screenshots on error, client source IP, screenshot on console error from Chrome, etc etc. Wix said that Virgin Media has done a software update that does not seem to work well on Wix.

Wix now wants me to also run so called ‘nslookup’ commands and screenshot them and send to Virgin Media’s tech team. However, in spite of two calls to the customer services team in Virgin Media, they are not allowing direct access to their tech team. 

This is pretty mind blowing. Two big providers, wix with over 200 million customers worldwide and Virgin Media responsible for nearly 50 million connections in the UK. And nothing at all happens.

Has anyone else had any luck in solving this issue?

Thanks.