cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Router Netgear Orbi Issues.

Muselnor
Tuning in

Hi All,

I recently had an email from Virgin saying that they were doing work in my area and since then my speeds have been awful. From 350mbps to approx 9mbps. I have my Virgin Media Hub 3 connected to a Netgear Orbi and i’m using the Virgin Router in Modem mode.

I recently thought I’d try to reset the hub and turn it back to router mode then back to modem mode. It works for a few hours (350+ speeds and then reverts back to 9 or so mbps. I can’t for the life of me figure it out. I’ve done it 3 times now and every time my speeds go back to normal then drop out back to 9mbps.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be? Would really love to find a solution!

Thanks in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
But has the Orbi connected properly now ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes everything seems to be working as it should at the moment. Thank you once again for all your help!