cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Tp-Link V600 Wifi extender to Hub 3 Virgin Media router

robertobonsigno
Joining in

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, I bought a TP-Link Wifi extender V600 model and, after following all the instructions, I am not able to connect to the Tp-Link Wifi connection because it says "Connected, Not Internet". I checked if the password was corrected and I realized I am using the correct password present in one of the two extenders I received. I tried two times both by plugging the internet cable or by using the WPS button for the Wifi. 

The issue is that I tried to access the extender by using the Tp-Link password but, because it doesn't let me to connect, I can't access the web management page. Should I follow some procedure for the Hub 3 to allow the extender to correctly copy the internet connection of the router?

Any help is immensely appreciated. Cheers! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@robertobonsigno wrote:

It is the TL-WPA4220 Kit Model that I bought from Amazon. The problem is that in one room I have a weak signal and, therefore, I need something like a booster or powerline extender. What is the most efficient way to strength my Wifi signal or, much better, having the internet cable in my room? Also, if I buy a 10m coaxial cable for the Hub 3, will Wifi signal decrease? 

Don't change or touch the Coax cable.

The "best" thing to do is run a length of Ethernet cable to where it's needed and attach a wireless access point.

Other than that, a mesh system is the next best thing

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
What's the exact model number of the ones you purchased?

I assume they're powerline plugs?

Powerlines aren't great - also most of them will have 100mb ports so will slow things down.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

It is the TL-WPA4220 Kit Model that I bought from Amazon. The problem is that in one room I have a weak signal and, therefore, I need something like a booster or powerline extender. What is the most efficient way to strength my Wifi signal or, much better, having the internet cable in my room? Also, if I buy a 10m coaxial cable for the Hub 3, will Wifi signal decrease? 

@robertobonsigno wrote:

Don't change or touch the Coax cable.

The "best" thing to do is run a length of Ethernet cable to where it's needed and attach a wireless access point.

Other than that, a mesh system is the next best thing