Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status site

Lateralleap
Joining in

Virgin

Where do you host your status site?

Please tell me that it is not on your own services?

I ask because that status site also went down, perhaps because it was on your infrastructure or perhaps you just didn't build it to scale with the number of customers trying to find out why their services were down!

Either way, that ridiculous!

3 REPLIES 3

unisoft
Well-informed

@Lateralleap wrote:

Virgin

Where do you host your status site?

Please tell me that it is not on your own services?

I ask because that status site also went down, perhaps because it was on your infrastructure or perhaps you just didn't build it to scale with the number of customers trying to find out why their services were down!

Either way, that ridiculous!

System status and VM's National Outage pages are overwhelmed by access requests. Usually doesn't resolve at the moment.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/04/major-network-outage-strikes-broadband-isp-virgin-medi...

We’re aware of an issue that is affecting broadband services for Virgin Media customers as well as our contact centres.

Our teams are currently working to identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible and we apologise to those customers affected.

Community Mod

__
Dialled in

Amusingly Downdetector managed to cope with the huge spikes of Virgin customers reporting issues (14000+ at 2am and 28000+ at 8am) 

Virgins status site really needs to be somewhere that can not only be reachable during Virgin Media Infrastructure failures but also powerful enough to cope with the number of affected customers a big Virgin Broadband failure can cause.