cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation connection error [Resolved - F010146436]

Godbold
Dialled in

Had no problems for months then on Sunday both PS5 and PS4 keep disconnecting and reconnecting,multiple people on twitter from around the country reporting same issue has to be either virgin or PlayStation side
PS I have Hub 4

[MOD EDIT: Ticket raised under F010146436 - resolved]

396 REPLIES 396

The silence is becoming deafening!!!

Oh not been on today finger crossed it’s been sorted keep us informed 

LOL...I literally just thought that a second before i got to your post )
I'm West Central Scotland on 1GB. Not tried PSN yet but there appears to be a definite improvement with my apps (banking and google searches) and my WiFi is generally more responsive. It is funny though that the threads are barraged for days without much response then all of a sudden..........(@)......Tumblweed

UPDATE: Still having issues with PSN and some apps e.g. TP Link stuff, lights etc Regards speeds - I've noticed that my download speeds mostly are fine e.g. PSN around 400Mbps but upload speeds are mostly lower overall e.g. PSN usually around 15Mbps but as low as 7Mbps. My other speedtests - Ookla and FASTcom always show an upoad speed of 52 but now is anything from 20 to 40Mbps. So the situation is certainly not fixed yet unfortunately ;( 

Don’t want to jinx myself but mine seems to be working too 🥳

it’s been working since yesterday for me but I can’t join any friendlies and to enter ultimate team I have to get disconnected like 5 times before entering. Anything to do with psn servers is definitely still broken.

Virgin just replied saying no update as of yet might be just a coincidence as of now but things are loading on iOS 1st time and psn was working for me so just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow 

Djc2022
Tuning in

Hi I have had the same issue using virgins own default dns I changed my dns to cloudflare and it works perfectly just ashame I can't use my default one 

Telexian
On our wavelength

@Djc2022 - CloudFlare’s DNS is vastly better mate, both from a user privacy standpoint and from a speed one too. I’m not at all saying that Virgin’s are bad, but CloudFlare have a published privacy policy whereas I’ve not seen one for Virgin. 

I’ll be keeping my DNS set now to use CloudFlare, with Google as a backup. 

I was just about to post that too, cloudflare is one of if not the best for user privacy and their policies from what I’ve read are superb. I’m sticking with cloudflare too, nothing virgins dns can offer that gets the edge on cloudflare.

How do I set it up?