cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like there's an Intermittent Signal issue.

Kelvin23
Joining in

Hi All

I am new to Virgin I recently just had an engineer visit as my upload was only 10mbps but after they replaced the fibre cable it's up to 50mbps. The engineer tested everything and said it's all fine but I keeping getting the below messages on my router and when I run a test on the Virgin website.

I have done the normal reboot and restore router to factory settings.

Network Network diagnostic toolNetwork Network diagnostic toolTest Hub via Virgin Media WebsiteTest Hub via Virgin Media Website

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ignoring the messages you show... what actual internet connectivity issues are you experiencing on...

(a) wifi connections - and, (b) ethernet connected devices ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

I have a few drop out on the WiFi but nothing too bothersome. I am am wondering why the messages are being displayed if everything appears to be functioning.

Thanks Kelvin

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I would say its just poor firmware on the Hub displaying messages that aren't really relevant. If all is working to your satisfaction as expected - ignore it

The odd wifi drop out can be eliminated as well if it bothers you but might require you to invest in better wifi equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.