cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet and phone line out for the whole day

rolandjp
On our wavelength

Area code: 21

Our internet, both wired and wifi and phone line (since that is now connected to our router) has been out for the whole day. Base light on router has been flashing green with the wifi icon also static green. The website service status checker says no faults detected (as usual...) and I couldn't even call 150 to check service status. I know its not just me because my friend who isnt in the same area code is also having the exact same issue except his has been going on for a few days now.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage"....

.... also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I tried calling the 0800 line and the automated message did mention a fault for my area postcode and if I'd like to get updates on it, that I'd check on the link they sent me through SMS which directs me straight to the service checker on VM site. And the service check says say are no faults found. So I'm getting conflicting responses really. As its late, I'll probably give VM a call in the morning if it still persists and hopefully a person is able to help

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Th 0800 number tells you everything there is to know. Its more up to date than the website which as I said usually only reports/updates on problems affecting 10'000 customers like when a master server burns out - the 0800 number is for more local issues affecting hundreds of customers - like when the numpty utility workers cut through a cable when putting in a new gas pipe !

Exactly that happened to us last year - so after a call to the 0800 number I took a walk around the block, and sure enough... at the end of the road United Utilities had the road dug up and there were 2 VM vans parked nearby. I peered into the hole and 2 VM Techs were in there wrestling with broken cables. I gently enquired as to the problem and they said ... " No big deal mate, just s few cut cables we will soon have them spliced together, you'll be back on at tea time". And it was 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hopefully that's case because I manage to get contact with one of them through WhatsApp because phone line took long and they said it'll be fixed by 11th. So no internet and phone line for 5 days which is a bit ridiculous to me. As it's been 48 hours already which I see I am already eligible for loss of service compensation which I usually register for on the website after service checker sees faults (except this time I can't as explained in previous replied)

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I registered on the 0800 number when we were cut off last year. Was just a click of a digit as I recall.

--------------------
John
--------------------