cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I leave Virgin will they want the cables back?

Cheese4Me
Joining in

Hi

If I decide to leave Virgin (seriously considering it due to cost) will I have to give back the cables which are stapled to our walls and skirting boards?

This may not be possible as some of the cable is now hidden and couldn't be taken away without causing serious damage to the room it is in. Would Virgin be ok with leaving the cable?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
I believe all they will want back are the 'boxes' TiVo / hub etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
I believe all they will want back are the 'boxes' TiVo / hub etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Indeed, all they require to be returned is the boxes themselves, the power leads for them and any remote controls. And even this isn’t always necessary, it depends on the age of the equipment, for example, apparently if you have a Hub 3 or earlier, they don’t want it back and ask you to dispose of it properly.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@jem101 wrote:

Indeed, all they require to be returned is the boxes themselves, the power leads for them and any remote controls. And even this isn’t always necessary, it depends on the age of the equipment, for example, apparently if you have a Hub 3 or earlier, they don’t want it back and ask you to dispose of it properly.

Which they shouldn't do because under the WEEE Regulations they are legally required to collect it themselves for recycling. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@jpeg1 wrote:

@jem101 wrote:

Which they shouldn't do because under the WEEE Regulations they are legally required to collect it themselves for recycling. 

Correct, but doesn’t seem to stop them though, does it?

Many thanks to everyone who answered my question. It's good to know they won't want the cable back and I won't have to destroy the house!