cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when they will be offering the hub5 by sounds of it id be able to stop using Wi-Fi pods and would be amazing 

27 REPLIES 27

dessy
Dialled in

from what ive been able ascertain hub 5 is still in test stage and is only being offered as an invite to people on hub 3 have a look here

Virgin Media O2 UK Officially Launches HUB 5 Broadband Router UPDATE3 - ISPreview UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

So again another lottery to see if u get one arghhh I’ll sit and wait hope they don’t take too much longer 

Just invest in your own kit. Worth it in the long run.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea but which one I bought one previously they had nothing but issues and no idea what to get tbh 

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea but which one I bought one previously they had nothing but issues and no idea what to get tbh 

Very much depends on your circumstance.

• Budget.
  • House size.
  • Number of devices.

Something like this as a starting point:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Deco-S4-3-pack-Beamforming/dp/B0851D6MXY/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B0851D6MXY&th=1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh cool they look good so do we put the hub 3 into modem mode and go from there 

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh cool they look good so do we put the hub 3 into modem mode and go from there 

Correct.

The HUB goes into modem mode, one of the devices plugs into the HUB, the others connect wirelessly to the first device to extend the signal around your home.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok is there anything link this with more than 1 extra Ethernet as I have few things that need to connect via Ethernet near the hub 

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok is there anything link this with more than 1 extra Ethernet as I have few things that need to connect via Ethernet near the hub 

Each 'node' has two ethernet ports, however one will be required to connect the HUB to the closest node.

Something like the below will allow multiple devices to connect from the one spare ethernet port on the node:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Internet-Splitter/dp/B07PYSNSDD

Just make sure you have enough ethernet cables.