cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 wired network identifier

richie190784
Just joined

Hi guys and gals

I've setup the Hub 4 I have and changed the Wi-Fi network names to the name I wish to have, however I can see no way of changing the network identifier for the wired side see below:

vm-network.PNG

I've tried switching the hub off and leaving it a while then switching it back on, but the network still identifies as the original name.

Am I missing something or will the physical network name always be this?

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
You're expecting a pound-shop router to behave as a proper router!

If you want to do anything other than really basic routing - you'll need to get your own and use the hub in modem mode!

Seriously - they are ok modems but terrible routers - they'll lose any names you assign and the drop of a hat! - Don't even try!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @richie190784,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

You can find out how to access the router's advance settings and the adjustments that you can make here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s the Hostname of the VM hub (IP address 192.168.0.1) and i don’t think it can be changed. Unable to check as I have always run in modem mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2