cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Wifi disconnects (Wired ethernet not affected)

Stephie79
On our wavelength

Sorry for just jumping in on the post here but my hub3 wifi is just completely dropping too. Both bands and every device goes offline all at the same time and happening more frequently recently, 3 times today so far that I've noticed, off for 5-10 minutes with flashing hub light. I tried logging into the hub the other day while it disconnected and my browser said the hub was updating so passed it off as an update at inconvenient timing but I'm not sure now. This hub is awful for connecting in other rooms so wondered if setting modem mode with a couple of bthubs i have lying around. One of my neighbours gave me routers from her old providers when moving so there's a vodafone one and a sky hub I brought from charity shop couple of years ago.  Don't know if they'll work tho.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do ethernet cable connected devices drop out at the same time as the wifi ones and which light is flashing and what colour is it?

TBH although "some" BT discs may work rather than messing around with antique kt you would be better investing £50-100 in a new wireless router or introductory Mesh system

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

dmb
Dialled in

I don't mind  - though oddly my original posts to this thread don't seem to be showing up any more.  

This does seem to a very common problem looking through the threads with no solution apart from switching the Hub 3.0 into Modem mode and connecting a WiFi Router or one of those fancy Mesh systems.  

If, as in my original post - the wired Ethernet connection is not affected during the WiFi  outages, your old routers would probably work (I may try doing the same)  but you may not get the wonderful speeds available offered by Virgin or 5GHz connectivity!  

Now can a moderator tell me all my notifications for replies to my original posts have vanished?  🙂

Edit - found my original thread scrolling down the list but the notifications just lead me to this new thread - how bizarre!  🙂

At the moment with trying to find the hubs happy place shifting it I only have the Philips hue bridge and printer plugged into Ethernet. My first alerts of Wi-Fi dropping if the colourful language of my housemate because their game stopped and the Google hub screens synchronise to a 'connection lost' screen. The Philips hue bridge internet light goes off while the network light blinks and forgets what a lightbulb is it does so I think it's fair to say it's the whole internet stopped working and I didn't even have to touch it. I'm petty sure it's the top light flashing green at first when I looked.  I'll take more next time it goes, it went once writing this too