cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet ports on Hub 3.0 not working

Rayse
Joining in

I can see there have been other threads about this and I have tried all the recommended steps, however, the ports are still down (WiFi is fine).

I just tried Virgin's woeful telephone customer services and got absolutely nowhere.  Having taken the steps from the text message (which I'd already done previously), I was provided a different telephone number to call.

I then spent (genuinely) 12 mins, trying to explain to the support agent what ethernet ports were.  Once I finally managed to explain (feeling rather exasperated by this stage), I was told that the diagnostics tool had a glitch at the moment, so there was going to be no way to send me an engineer.

I tried to explain that the diagnostics tool would not be useful here anyway, as the connection would show as online (it's a hardware fault with the router effecting the ethernet ports), but I was told to call again tomorrow.

Instead, I decided to come to the good folks of this forum to get some advice on how to get an engineer to come round and replace our Hub.

Any tips?!

Thanks! 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Rayse
Joining in

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get some support with this issue?

Is there any other way to request an engineer visit, other than the helpline?  I read something about paying for the visit if there is no fault found - I am happy to do this. 

Is it possible to pay to upgrade to a new Hub 5?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a pin hole reset yet? It has been known to fix this type of problem.

A VM staff member will get to your post in 2 or 3 days.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Yes, I have tried a pinhole reset (multiple times).

Thanks for the reply!

Just bumping the post in the hope of getting the attention of the good folks on the VM staff team. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t bump posts, they go to the bottom of the queue. A VM staff member will get to your post in 2 to 3 days as this is not the primary way to report faults, the telephone is.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rayse,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there are some issues with your Ethernet Ports on your Hub. Unfortunately, we don't offer the ability to pay for an upgrade to the Hub 5. I have taken a look at things on our end, and can see some identified issues with your service.

I'm going to send you a private message to assist further, please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ