cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving virgin media

lisa7111
Joining in

hey - im leaving VM for a different provider and im still waiting for my account to be cancelled and also still waiting for packaging to be sent to me so i can return equipment.  anyone have any idea how long this takes.....been trying to contact them for days and still no response

thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lisa7111

Have you contacted VM to apply the 30 days notice to cancel your account? Other providers can't canel the account for you.

The returns packaging is generally sent out around 10 days after the the services are disconnected.

Hi @Pandora2 

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund around 45 days after disconnection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Pandora2
Joining in

I'm the same.  My service terminates on Weds (9th) but I've been charged until 25th so would like to know when I'll get a credit.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lisa7111

Have you contacted VM to apply the 30 days notice to cancel your account? Other providers can't canel the account for you.

The returns packaging is generally sent out around 10 days after the the services are disconnected.

Hi @Pandora2 

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund around 45 days after disconnection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave - yes I have done all as you mentioned 

Thanks Dave.  Why do I have to wait 45 days and why do they send a cheque?  Surely they can just issue a refund to my bank via direct debit?

Why do they send a cheque? Partly because they can keep the money for a while, partly because even if they issue it after 45days it still has to be posted and partly because a lot of people will forget to either watch out for it (so if it went missing in the post it ends up on Virgin's balance sheet) or even bank it if/when it does arrive.