cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Deal

janine1976
Joining in

On the 22nd August I cancelled my subscription due to the price, I was informed that my service would be cancelled on the 21st September and my final bill would be £65.70 and a refund would be generated on the 21/09 for £149.94.

On the 19th September I was contacted by the retention team and offered M500 and the light TV package which I agreed to, I asked when this would start and he said that evening, now my bill is now £99.75 and my contract doesn't start till the 20th October.  I checked my contract and no mention of the TV package just the M500 broadband.

Having spoken to VM this morning 1 and a half hours later still no resolve on the TV package and I'm being told that my next bill is higher as I have cancelled my phone and TV, lots of going round in circles I've raised a complaint as I wasn't informed that I would have to stand another 30 days cancellation period and feel that this was mis-sold to me.

I've now been told that I should hear back within 10 days but it's my look that I will then be out of my 14 day cooling off period.  

Anyone any ideas on how I can get this sorted please, I was happy with the deal offered but not if that means I have an additional amount to pay to give 30 days notice when I was 2 days away from my 30 days being complete he couldn't even explain where my refund had gone.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Janine1976, thanks for your post on our forum page and welcome to our community.

Sorry to see all this confusion with your package recently and the issues caused by this change in your services, we do not support package changes on the forum however we can give some advice on what's happened with your bills and services.

In order to beast advise on this we'd like to get some more information from you, have you received a copy of the new contract and what date did we advise this will take effect? 
(we'd normally require 30 days notice to remove a service such as TV or landline and an email is sent to confirm the changes to the new deal)

We'd also like to explain if you called us 2 days before your previous contract ended then we would still need 30 days notice for the change and in the meantime you'd be billed with default price on the services (outside of contract deal) for 28 days or so until the new bundle takes effect.

If you already raised a complaint case with us about this issue you can find the info on it's status and progress here, our team will review this and respond to you via email or call back.
For more on this process have a read here.

In regard to the refund amount mentioned above, was this confirmed when you renewed the contract or when you asked to cancel and leave us? In case you changed from cancelling to accepting a new deal this would have changed, however any credits should be added to your balance and used on the following bills.

Please, let us know if the above help and if you have more queries or concerns.
Happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spoiler
Hi

The main problem is nothing was explained, the deal offered was tv and broadband I was never told about another 30 day cancellation, the refund was outlined at cancellation but never discussed on the retention call. 

I now have not the deal I was signed up to and a higher bill than expected. The retention person even explained that a new box would be sent out to me. 

My issues are
My new deal is wrong
I wasn't told I had yet another 30 days 
That Octobers bill would be higher. 

I was leaving due to the rising costs so I would not have accepted this deal if it had been discussed during the conversation. 

I'm not sure how to add my contract privately.  My contract starts on the 20th October even though he said changes would be immediate. 

Kind regards 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for explaining all this janine1976.

We're sorry for this experience and confusion caused, we'd love to have a look for you and help out with this.

To enable me to do this for you, I'm going to send you a PM. 
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs