cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints Procedure

m00g
Superfast

In the same position myself pretty much, but now it appears a data breach at Virgin Media is adding to my complaint. Seems the data breach has resulted in my details associated with someone elses account.

I would like the email address to send in a GDPR subject access request.

I sympathise with your current position and hope you are more successful than i in your complaint.

5 REPLIES 5

m00g
Superfast

....just received text stating your closing my virgin media accounts, explain please as i have just entered a new agreement.

Explain please

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @m00g 

I've created a new post for your issue.

Please see the following page regarding DSAR

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The form you linked does not cover the 23 years i have been a customer. it only goes back to 2002.

Please provide the snailmail address to send in a FORMAL Subject Access Request under the GDPR.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@m00g 

You could try the Complaints "snailmail" address

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
Sunderland,
SR43 4AA

I would be very surprised if the records would stretch as far back as 23 years. Also in regards to any recording you may want to access, not all calls are recorded and VM only keep call recordings for 180 days.

If your SAR request is incomplete then you should contact contact DPO@virginmedia.co.uk

You might be charged for the SAR - info from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faqs 

Not usually. In most cases we do not charge a fee to comply with a SAR. However, we can charge a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with a request if it is unfounded or excessive, or if further copies of data is asked for.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

GDPR Personal Data

The term is defined in Art. 4 (1). Personal data are any information which are related to an identified or identifiable natural person. ... For example, the telephone, credit card or personnel number of a person, account data, number plate, appearance, customer number or address are all personal data.

So from the day of sign up my data will have been retained, as such, anything and everything should be made available to the requestor and as i have had NO break of contract with VM then i expect the full twenty three years as is my legal right.

But i thank you for the address.