cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer creating account - "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

vmuser4
Tuning in

I've tried 25 different passwords, some actual words, some random, even some using a password generator. All meet the requirements (of varying strength to moderate/strong). No special characters.

I've tried Safari, Chrome, incognito mode, iPhone, iPad, Virgin Media app to create an account.

No matter what I try, I always get "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

Never used the email address with VM before, only to place the order. I've been given an install date, and the email states to login to My Account if I'd like to change it. I have all my account details, but cannot get beyond the registration process where it asks me to create a password.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 15.31.19.png

173 REPLIES 173

In this case, I am sending you a private message to further look into this for you. 

Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok thank you 

vmuser4
Tuning in

Hi Akua_A

As the OP and seeing these replies, can I just double check that I can't create an account due to services not being installed? The email said I could to update my installation date.

I did previously have an order on the VM system but it was cancelled after 6 weeks due to installation failing. Is that why I can't create an account?

Thanks.

cannaproperties
Joining in

I am having the exact same issue - please can someone contact me to resolve.

Thanks.

Fraiden
Joining in

Hey,

I'm having the same issue. Tried several times and I've used the correct link. Can a mod please DM me?

Hi @cannaproperties and @Fraiden,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're both facing issues setting up a My Virgin Media online account to manage your package. Have you both had your services installed yet? If you have, can you try clearing your cache and cookies and giving it another try?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

imam1989
Joining in

I have also been having this issue to sign up and it doesn't accept any of my passwords that I have typed even though I have fulfilled all the requirements. It's been an ongoing issue since I have had it set up. Please get back to me with a solution to this by DM

mazuk
Joining in

I am having the exact same issue, tried on safari, iPhone, and google chrome all won't work - please can someone contact me to resolve it.

Thanks.

I’ve tried this and still no luck. Please can someone call me today to resolve.

Same story here:you can't use this password try another one