cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free hardware(TV) gift

Swetamk09
Tuning in

Hi,

I had joined Virgin Media services on 18th January 2023 and had a free LG 43" TV part of my contract. It's been more than 28 days from service installation and activation and I haven't received any notification informing dispatch of TV.

Can you please look into this and let me know the status. I had a chat with your team couple of days back and I was told that the cooling off period is over and I should hear something in a day or two but no luck so far. Order summary screenshot attached for your reference. Screenshot_20**:**:**:**:**:**-77_56514063904998099a7290fdb861fa95.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Swetamk09 👋,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙌

I am so sorry to hear you have not heard back from our team regarding your TV. After 28 days after installation, Exertis our partner will dispatch UK Mail. It can then take a further 14 days for UK Mail to deliver. You can find more info on this 👉 here.

Do we have an up-to-date mobile contact for you? 

Zoie

@Zoie_P

Thanks for the response. I can be reached out at [REMOVED]. I am expecting the TV to be delivered within 14 days of completing 28 days cooling off period and hence was expecting a notification from Exertis regarding the dispatch or the tentative timelines.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Swetamk09, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry you have waited the 42 days and still have not received this, we do advise the max time is 90. If you could reach out again after this max time has been exceeded we can look into this for you.

Zoie

Hi @zoie_p,

Thanks for the response. I am not sure if this max period of 90 days was mentioned anywhere in the news article released by Virgin Media. I have attached the screenshot from the media article. This is very unfortunate that I have to wait for 3 months in a contract of 18 months to get my free gift. By doing this, Virgin Media has forced customers to continue with them since we loose out on the cooling off period as well as have to wait for such a long period to get the TV.

Screenshot_2023-02-28-11-49-44-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply @Swetamk09, the cooling-off period with us is 14 days, so the 42 initial days would be over this. 

We cannot raise anything with the third party until after these 90 days.

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a grand total of 42 days not 90. If it has been longer than 42 days then raise a formal complaint with a view to escalating to Ombudsman Services as required. 

Hi @Zoie_P,

That's what I am saying. The article says 28 days after service installation and 14 days for delivery post that, so a grand total of 42 days. I am not sure from where the 90 days clause has been added. The screenshot shows that it is 28 days post service installation and 14 days for delivery. I had a chat with your customer support team couple of days back and they mentioned the same 42 days. Now from nowhere I have been told of 90 days period.

Hi @Swetamk09,

I am incredibly sorry for the ongoing wait for the gift included in your orders. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can investigate further.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

Received the TV gift earlier today. Thanks for the help and support to close this out.