cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading Broadband

The-Observer
Joining in

Hi all. I've just got off the phone to Virgin after explaining to them that I need to downgrade my broadband due to financial difficulties. I'm still in contract (6 months left) and said it would be fine to start a new contract. I want to downgrade from M350 to M100. The best the woman on the phone said she could do is reduce my bill by £2 per month, but if I call back 1 month before my contract ends it would probably be cheaper. I explained that as a new customer I could get the M100 for £26 per month but she was going to charge me more as a long term customer. Is there any way of getting through to another department that would look at it differently? I think I spoke with someone in retentions? I followed 1,1,4,4 on the call options to get through to someone.

Sorry for the long message, any help appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi The-Observer,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear we've not been able to find you a deal you're happy with currently, we'd always aim to offer the best deal possible at the time of your contact. 

If you do still receive a welcome offer, it can be hard to top this. 

The options you've advised would be the correct ones to get through to the team. It's worth checking back as our deals an offers do change quite frequently.

Alex_Rm