cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error still

TomWalrus123
Joining in

Still can't register and manage my account. Tried multiple browsers and clearing cache. Error has persisted for weeks.

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TomWalrus123, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with creating a My VM account. We're aware that some people are having an issue with this and there are a few things I need to check with you. 

Please try deleting the cache, cookies and history on your browser and try again. If this doesn't work, try using another browser. 

You should also try registering using the My VM app instead. 

If neither of these makes a difference, pop back with the URL that you are using when attempting to register your account. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi TomWalrus123, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Can you try clicking this URL to see if this works instead?

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/details

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I can't use that link as I don't have a password that's been accepted yet so my account isn't set up yet. If I follow that link and try to use the "forgotten password" to reset it that way sometimes it says there is no account with my email address and sometimes it gives me the error.....

Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. Rather than following the option for a password reset, please select the option to register instead. 

Make sure you have deleted the cache and cookies before clicking on the link. 

Give that a try and let me know how it goes. If it doesn't work, we may need to raise an IT ticket for the account to be manually created for you. 

Keep me posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Still no joy.....

Hi Tom, 

Thanks once again for coming back to me on this. 

In order to proceed further, I will need to confirm some information with you and go through data protection too. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team