cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit

RC86
Joining in

Hi, recently bought Virgin Media for my new house. I have received an email saying the first bill will be CR£52. Does this mean I have to pay £52? When I have been given a credit of £100 for signing up? (No installation fees). The £52 is not an issue but how will I apply this credit in future?

Screenshot_2022-07-22-02-21-24-46_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RC86 

Welcome to the community forums.

Any bill that shows CR is a credit. So yes, that £52 will come off your first bill.

If your contract included an initial credit of say £100 and your first bill was £48 then the £48 would be deducted from the £100 credit leaving you with a credit balance of £52 going forward to your next bill.

If the following bill was for £48 then the credit that was remaining from your previous bill (£52) would be applied, leaving you with a further credit of £4 which would then be taken off your next bill.

EDIT - The following page should help explain your first and second bills

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for the response. Without sounding a bit dimwitted. Will I be charged £52? (When my contract is £24PM). Just so I know what to plan next month.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @RC86 

I edited my original post with a link to the VM help page for first bills,which states that depending upon your billing date your first bill may be for 2 months. I had forgotten to add that in my reply

So, it looks like your first bill is for £48 which is two months @£24 per month, this leaves you with the credit of £52 which will be carried forward to subsequent bills until it reaches zero.

You should expect your following bills to be for the contracted price of £24, however since you still  have £52 in credit, then that credit will be deducted so you won't pay anything on the next bill or the following one.

So basically you have another 2 free months. The month following that there will be £4 credit coming off your bill of £24 so you will pay £20.

After that then you will be paying the agreed contracted price of £24 per month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali