cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change deal before connection

14wishy2014
Tuning in

I am due to be connected 29th Oct. There is a better Virgin media deal on offer now  Does anyone know if I could change the deal before connection, ie before 14 day cool off even starts, or would I have to cancel and take out the new deal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well just as I thought it was clarified that VM could have very easily swapped the M100 £26 deal for their M200 £18 deal before it expired as the engineers simply fit the same hardware for any speed of fibre. When I called and queried if an engineer was needed to upgrade my speed I was told no it was all done remotely.

So it is crystal clear VM simply didn't want me to have the better deal even though I'd called before it had expired and is available in my area 

Very very disappointing and incorrect advice given to keep me on the higher price and slower speed

C'mon Virgin play fair, surely you could afford to have given me the swap as it was still available when I enquired.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @14wishy2014, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

If you're wishing to discuss changing your deal, the best time to do it would be before it's installed/active.  I would recommend calling on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from our landline or mobile phone service. The best time to call is as close to 8:00am as conveniently possible. Request to speak to the Pre-Installs team.

Regards

Lee

Thanks Lee. I did call and after almost 40 min it ended up that I could have the package but would have had to rearrange the installation date from 2 days ahead, original date agreed to 14 days later. 

I really don't understand why this was the case as surely the engineer would do the same installation. Surely if you upgrade from M100 to M200 an engineer visit wouldn't be needed is this not simply a remote adjustment

Anyway I could not rearrange the visit so ended up staying on the original which isn't very good service in my mind.

I am really sorry to hear this @14wishy2014.

Was it just a change from 100mb to 200mb? Or was this just an example?  Were there other differences?  Please do get back to me.

Regards

Lee_R

Me too.

Basically I had ordered the M100 at equiv £26 for 18mth then saw a far better deal online for the M200 at £18 for 18mth.

Because the engineer was booked for tomorrow, 29th they said they couldn't give me the switch unless I put back the installation by 2 weeks!

But bearing in mind they haven't done any work as yet just can't understand why they can't offer the swap

@14wishy2014, I am going to send you a private message.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

Well just as I thought it was clarified that VM could have very easily swapped the M100 £26 deal for their M200 £18 deal before it expired as the engineers simply fit the same hardware for any speed of fibre. When I called and queried if an engineer was needed to upgrade my speed I was told no it was all done remotely.

So it is crystal clear VM simply didn't want me to have the better deal even though I'd called before it had expired and is available in my area 

Very very disappointing and incorrect advice given to keep me on the higher price and slower speed

C'mon Virgin play fair, surely you could afford to have given me the swap as it was still available when I enquired.