cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change contact phone number on my Virgin Media account

jamiehumphries
Joining in

I am attempting to change the contact phone number on my Virgin Media account.

I am using this page: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/details
which I access via Log in > Account settings > Account details

When I try to change the Phone number under Contact details, I always receive the following error:

Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again

I rang customer support about this last Thursday and they assured me that it was fixed, but it is still showing the old incorrect contact phone number at the moment.

I have seen other forum posts with similar errors that are picked up by DM here. Please can someone sort this out for me?
4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jamiehumphries 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to change your contact number. We want to do our best to help. I have sent you a private message to look into this issue. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved @jamiehumphries 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

jamiehumphries
Joining in

Thanks for your help @Akua_A!

For future reference of other customers finding this thread, my contact number had been updated in the Virgin Media backend, but it was still showing the out-of-date one on the Account details page.

@Akua_A discussed the problem with me over DM. They were then able to make a change to my profile that fixed the Account details page as well.

Glad to have been able to assist @jamiehumphries Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team