cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill enquiry

Artmuzz
Joining in

I have been a loyal Virgin Media customer for over 20 years but I am now becoming unhappy with them. My last 18 month contract was around £17 a month and was due to finish in August 2022.

A month before the the finish date I received Julys bill and for some reason it was for £30.35. I contacted Virgin Media asking if I could get a reduction on that bill to no avail. I then tried to renew my contract but I didn’t come to an agreed price plan.

The next step was that I filed a complaint and the following morning I received a text from Virgin Media offering me an 18 month contract deal for £22 a month. I then contacted them and managed to get the 18 month contract down to £20.50 a month. I then got an extended discount for the first month August 2022 for £12 and was told that last months bill will be lower than the stated bill.

All was well and I agreed to renew my contract. However, just a couple of days ago I received Augusts bill expecting it to be £12 as promised and was shocked to see it at £49.97. I then contacted Virgin Media to be told that last months bill of £30.35 wasn’t paid and a late payment fee of £7.50 was added on. I told Virgin Media that the late payment wasn’t my fault because unknown to me Virgin Media cancelled my direct debit so no payment could be made and that I was told that July’s bill was reduced to around the £20 so they credited the £7.50 to my account and I made a £14.47 card payment and was told that I need to pay £28 to clear my balance before I can open a direct debit. They couldn’t reduce Julys bill.

However, I have noticed that I got an email from Virgin Media a few days ago with overdue balance action amd the email mentions that there is an overdue payment of £21.97 is due. So why is this email saying I’m due £21.97 yet on my account it’s the original £30.35 plus Augusts bill of £12. I contacted Virgin Media again but told to text message a screen shot of the £21.97 bill but I’ll be charged for that. Is there any way I can send that email to them as proof instead of text? Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Artmuzz,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your billing. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. In this case. I have sent you a private message so I can investigate this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear this @Artmuzz.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs