cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not closed, can’t speak to anyone

figtoaster
Joining in

Hi, I became homeless on 3rd of August so arranged to cancel my Virgin Media contract from that date. I spoke to Steven from the ‘Moving Home’ department, and he agreed to cancel my contract as there had been changes made to my services so I was within my rights to cancel. Today I discovered that my account is still live and a direct debit for the normal monthly amount had been applied for on 30/08/22, although there wasn’t enough money in my account to cover it and it was returned. I attempted to ring customer services today, but the automated system won’t do anything other than direct me to the ‘arrears’ payment, meaning that I can’t speak to a human about this until I pay it…even though this payment request is a mistake! I then tried WhatsApp and waited for two hours for a response, then missed it by ten minutes (because I have health conditions that mean I’m very often having to deal with other things at a moment’s notice) and the person signed off, meaning I am now waiting yet again for someone to respond. I’m nearly six hours in and am no nearer clearing this up. I’m totally fed up with this disgraceful ‘service’.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey figtoaster, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue.

We're sorry to hear about leaving us and that your cancellation has not gone through, however we're happy to best support with this billing and account issue.
In order to  be able to advise more on this we will have to get a closer look into your account history, I will send you a private message here shortly so we can do this.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey figtoaster, thanks for posting on our help forum with your issue.

We're sorry to hear about leaving us and that your cancellation has not gone through, however we're happy to best support with this billing and account issue.
In order to  be able to advise more on this we will have to get a closer look into your account history, I will send you a private message here shortly so we can do this.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs