cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line (broadband faulty too)

sunshinebear197
Joining in

Hi,

Posting on here as can't seem to find out how to book an engineer been going around in circles on the app.

My home phone line has no dialling tone, this has happened since Virgin came out and fixed my neighbours service - their cable from the street was added to my box at the front of the house. When the engineer came out he told me to report my cable at the front of the house as it hasn't been done correctly also our broadband is constantly on and off, how can I arrange for an engineer to sort the cable at the front? I'm out of contract so if I can't get it fixed will move to another provider as getting very fed up of paying for constant rubbish service.

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sunshinebear197,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the landline and broadband.

I've had a look at things from our side, and there are no issues flagging up.

Can you confirm if you've been able to test a different handset?

Are your broadband issues with a wired or wireless connection?

Alex_Rm

Thank you for your reply, I've checked another handset and the phone line still doesn't have a dialling tone.

The broadband goes off and on with either wired or wireless its been like this for over a year it just doesn't work very well at all.  Combined with an engineer telling me the wire which goes across our garden isn't very good and needs replacing how can I get an engineer booked to replace the wire as that seems to be the problem - my neighbour had the same issue of broadband on and off too 

Thanks for getting back to me sunshinebear197,

I'll need to arrange an engineer for this, before I can do so, I'll need to confirm a few details with you. I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm