cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline...again!

t-c-w
Joining in

We haven’t had the use of our landline since at least Saturday 6th November (4th day now). We have no dial tone and can’t make or receive calls. We've had this problem on a previous occasion which I contacted yourselves about. You couldn’t find any problem but, the next day, the phone was working again. I've tried all the tests suggested by Virgin, but nothing changes. As this has happened once before and you didn’t know what the problem was, but the line came back the day after I contacted you, I’d like somebody to look into this further and please give me some kind of refund for the days we’ve had no line.

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @t-c-w,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear you're having some landline issues recently.

Would you mind confirming what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Checked socket, disconnected and reconnected, tried another handset - everything it asks you to do on the troubleshooter, to no effect. Phone works because it makes beeping noises when you press the buttons so it's definitely the line and it's happened before. Do dial tone and can't make or receive calls.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello t-c-w

Sorry to hear this is happening again  
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello t-c-w

Hope you are okay 

Just checking in to see how the visit went?

Gareth_L